Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re: Driver support for monitor

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Driver support for monitor

Hey iamtheeggman2,

cant find a dell hardware support library
    How much effort did you put into your search? Dell has one of the best support sites on the internet. Check this link...
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/us...007fp/research
    Cheers,

The Linux Command Line at http://linuxcommand.org/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by him610 View Post
    Hey iamtheeggman2,

How much effort did you put into your search? Dell has one of the best support sites on the internet. Check this link...
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/us...007fp/research
    Well in my experience the manufacturers never provide support for linux, however I was looking for a site more like this one with a hardware list for me to look for it to double check it was supported for proper use in the first place.

Anyway, I have installed gnome and will see what happens when i disconnect my hdmi cable and just use the monitor. I tried to do it with the cable in but when the cmoputer rebooted the screen of the monitor and the tv via the hdmi cable looked all messed up.

Beans

Having rebooted lubuntu in gnome mode with the hdmi cable out i have fond the settings dont appear to be changing the monitor to make it normal colouring,. there is no tv setting frm what i can see but oddly enough it refers to the monitor as a vht 17" device - i get it to mirror display for the actual tv being fed the hdmi cable but still the tv is a proper colour but the monitor is too bright. it has some colour profile options but it doesnt seem to be giving manual options like when you are in gimp and you change things like the r g b or hue etc

Beans

Hi I still have this issue, is there really nothing i can do radically to change my setup so I can use both my monitor and tv? why wont my fedora install work ok with the tv but does so with the monitor? why does ubuntu work fine on the hdmi connection to the tv but not the vga monitor? is there a different set of drivers for the different outputs of the graphics card?

Beans

Hi I decided to but another graphics card, this one is a geforce one, so do i simpyl remove the old radeon put the new one in and let the computer figure it out or is there a process to follow? Thanks in advance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12