Thread: online radio buffering for mobile connection

Beans

Question online radio buffering for mobile connection

Hi all,
    Is there any way to increase bufffer size when playing online radio? It is critical for mobile connection, especially when driving, as cell stations change on the way. Not urgent at all, as I'm only in process of thinking about installing everything needed in my car. Well, sometimes I use mobile connection at home when ethernet provider is down. Thoughts? Thx ahead.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: online radio buffering for mobile connection

Hello!

Yours is a general question too broad to be applied to any one of dozens of specific pieces of software -- each of which may (or may not) allow for such configuration in their own unique ways.

Do you have a specific application in mind? Is this specifically related to Ubuntu or are you talking about a different mobile OS?

Cheers!
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Question Re: online radio buffering for mobile connection

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    Hello!

Yours is a general question too broad to be applied to any one of dozens of specific pieces of software -- each of which may (or may not) allow for such configuration in their own unique ways.

Do you have a specific application in mind? Is this specifically related to Ubuntu or are you talking about a different mobile OS?

Cheers!
    Hi, right now I'm using audacious under ubuntu when playing online radio. It has some buffer, but its max value is not enough sometimes when using mobile connection. Is there any player that allows unlimited custom buffer settings? Sometimes I even download the stream to play later when I drive, it is way to go, but I'm looking for some better solution. Please advise. No hurry though )