Thread: I recently upgraded from 16.04 to 18.04, but . . .

Beans

I recently upgraded from 16.04 to 18.04, but . . .

Nothing major. Everything seems to be working as it should. It's just trying to get everything customized the way I like it. I'm almost there but this one thing bugs me. On 16.04 with Unity, Network mounted disk drives showed up on the launcher, and that was very convenient. On 18.04, they show up on the desktop and not the dock. Is there an easy way to have mounted (via fstab) network drives added to the Dock? With them on the desktop I am always having to dig them out from under some other application, or launch "Files" and navigate to it. With them on the dock it is a single button press.

Thanks,

Wayne

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: I recently upgraded from 16.04 to 18.04, but . . .

I don't think so.
    Somewhere I remember there was a discussion about that.
    here this sort of gets into it: https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/why-r...ot-default/938

Edit: I'm not sure it ever landed in 18.04.
    Might be buried somewhere if it did.
    Last edited by deadflowr; September 9th, 2018 at 08:10 PM.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

I read that, and it applies to "Removable Drives" like USB drives, SD cards, and the like. It doesn't apply to fstab mounted network drives. Network mapped drives are not removable in that sense.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

"Is there an easy way to have mounted (via fstab) network drives added to the Dock?" would be a good thread title.

You can put a show desktop button on the doc and then you can more easily swap between the desktop, where those links are, and what you are doing... that's all I can think of. https://askubuntu.com/questions/9035...or-ubuntu-dock (or if you don't mind having it on the gnome dash instead of the dock there is an extension in the application store that is easy to install)