Thread: I can't turn on after suspend

Beans

I can't turn on after suspend

Hello, my problem is about suspending in:

- Kernel: 4.18.5-041805
    - Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
    - Laptop: Microsoft surface pro 4

I can wake up if instantly after suspend I click yo turn on back again, just before the keyboard turns off. but when I let a bit of time and the keyboard turn off I can't wake up from suspend. I can see how the keyboard turns on the light but the screen still black.

Do you guys know what could it be?

Beans

Re: I can't turn on after suspend

Quote Originally Posted by cristoamh96 View Post
    Hello, my problem is about suspending in:

- Kernel: 4.18.5-041805
    - Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
    - Laptop: Microsoft surface pro 4

I can wake up if instantly after suspend I click yo turn on back again, just before the keyboard turns off. but when I let a bit of time and the keyboard turn off I can't wake up from suspend. I can see how the keyboard turns on the light but the screen still black.

Do you guys know what could it be?
    I'm having the same issue On Ubuntu studio 18.10 with th4.18.0-13-lowlatency kernel . I tried installing some display driver ppa to see if there were any drivers I could try and nothing . Mine even teases with a black with cursor ( appropriate screen just before the OS kicks back on ) then the mouse pointer appears and screen immediately turns off. Then I hit power to shut down and the screen comes on to show the ubuntu studio logo before the cpu shuts down hahaha

Probably just a driver issue . Curious , do you know what graphics your laptop use ? I have intel integrated UHD620

Beans

Re: I can't turn on after suspend

Has anyone found a solution to this? I have the Surface Pro 4 which I've recently switched to Linux Mint Cinnamon.

Same thing, if I suspend the machine, it will not wake back up. I have to long press the power button to do a hard shutdown, and then long press again to reboot it.