Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does Anyone Know How To See a List of What Snap Packages You've Installed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Does Anyone Know How To See a List of What Snap Packages You've Installed

Frogs Hair, I can do that when I get home, but I'm removing them from my home desktop. I installed Spotify from Ubuntu Software Center because it was now offered on there. Do you think I could remove it and reinstall on my command line and that would work? I'm thinking all the Snap packages have to do with installations from Ubuntu Software Center.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm thinking all the Snap packages have to do with installations from Ubuntu Software Center.
    That.
    While you can install the old apt version of packages from the Ubuntu Software, you can also install the snaps.
    You have to pay attention to the details to see where what is being installed from.
    A snap package will say it's from the Snap store, while apt will say something else like it's from bionic or xenial, universe or main, which refer to the apt repository version.

(also, I 'm not sure if it's still true, but for a while when you looked at the snap packages in the Software store it listed all snaps as non-free regardless of actual licensing.
    So if you see an app listed as non-free which you know is not, then it might be the snap version)
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by shane_faulkinbury2 View Post
    Frogs Hair, I can do that when I get home, but I'm removing them from my home desktop. I installed Spotify from Ubuntu Software Center because it was now offered on there. Do you think I could remove it and reinstall on my command line and that would work? I'm thinking all the Snap packages have to do with installations from Ubuntu Software Center.
    I was using spotify as an example which would apply to other installed snaps. Their configuration file would be in home/snap and those folders could be deleted after removing the snap package.
    Last edited by Frogs Hair; 2 Days Ago at 09:30 PM.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Desktop Guide

Beans
    Distro

Frogs Hair, I removed the snap folder in the home directory and now none of my extensions work. When I delete them off the browser and go to re-download them it gives me an error. Is there anyway of having extensions without having that snap folder? I can just bookmark the page and go to it manually, but it was real convenient having the extension!

Beans
    Distro

I finally succeeded with every ones ideas! All snap packages and I still have Firefox! I'll reinstall Spotify in the terminal! Thanks a to guys!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123