Quite a few people encounter this issue, especially those who want to use Gym and Mujoco for reinforcement learning. The installation process is frustrating, but luckily some people spot part of the issue
I want to post this problem, so hopefully the Ubuntu developers could see, as the instruction doesn't lead me to any dialog box to write something.
The problem is happened as followed:

1. I want to use Mujoco, so I follow the installation instruction, but when I implement import mujoco_py in python3.5/3.6, it gives the following error:
    Code:
    >>> import mujoco_py
    Import error. Trying to rebuild mujoco_py.
    running build_ext building 'mujoco_py.cymj' extension
    /home/username/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/mujoco_py/gl/osmesashim.c:1:10: fatal error: GL/osmesa.h: No such file or directory #include <GL/osmesa.h>          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
  2. Quite a few people suggest to install libosmesa-dev by running sudo apt-get install libosmesa6-dev, so I tried it. But the error is:
    Code:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:libosmesa6-dev : 
    Depends: libosmesa6 (= 18.0.0~rc5-1ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installedE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
  3. Then I think this sudo apt-get install libosmesa6 would solve it, but unfortunately:
    Code:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:libosmesa6 : Depends: libglapi-mesa (= 18.0.0~rc5-1ubuntu1) but 18.0.5-0ubuntu0~18.04.1 is to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
  4. It looks like it's the version of current libglapi-mesa (18.0.5-0ubuntu0~18.04.1) is incompatible with what mesa really needs(18.0.0~rc5-1ubuntu1)

5. I am confused about how to downgrade it, because it seems like there are tons of packages depending on the current version of libglapi-mesa. For example, when I tried to correct the version, using sudo apt-get install libglapi-mesa=18.0.0~rc5-1ubuntu1 , the warning is going crazy:
    Code:
    The following additional packages will be installed: policykit-1-gnomeThe following packages will be REMOVED:apturl cheese deja-dup gdm3 gir1.2-gst-plugins-base-1.0 
    gir1.2-mutter-2gir1.2-rb-3.0 gir1.2-totem-1.0 gir1.2-webkit2-4.0 gnome-calendargnome-control-center gnome-getting-started-docs gnome-initial-setupgnome-online-accounts 
    gnome-session-bin gnome-shellgnome-startup-applications gnome-todo gnome-user-docs gnome-user-guidegstreamer1.0-clutter-3.0 gstreamer1.0-gl gstreamer1.0-vaapi gvfsgvfs-backends 
    gvfs-daemons gvfs-fuse libcheese-gtk25 libcheese8libclutter-1.0-0 libclutter-gst-3.0-0 libclutter-gtk-1.0-0libcogl-pango20 libcogl-path20 libcogl20 libedataserverui-1.2-2 libgl1libgl1-mesa-glx 
    libglu1-mesa libglx-mesa0 libglx0 libgoa-backend-1.0-1libgstreamer-gl1.0-0 libmutter-2-0 libtotem0 libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37libyelp0 mutter nautilus nautilus-share rhythmbox-plugins 
    shotwell totemtotem-plugins ubuntu-desktop ubuntu-docs ubuntu-release-upgrader-gtkubuntu-session update-manager update-notifier x11-utils xorgxserver-xephyr xserver-xorg xserver-xorg-core 
    xserver-xorg-input-allxserver-xorg-input-libinput xserver-xorg-input-wacomxserver-xorg-video-all xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu xserver-xorg-video-atixserver-xorg-video-fbdev 
    xserver-xorg-video-intelxserver-xorg-video-nouveau xserver-xorg-video-qxlxserver-xorg-video-radeon xserver-xorg-video-vesaxserver-xorg-video-vmware xwayland yelp zenity
  6. Now when I looked back to the Ubuntu 18.04 USB installation driver, I noticed that the version of current libglapi-mesa (18.0.5-0ubuntu0~18.04.1) is already there (pre-installed) on this Ubuntu 18.04 version. I am a newbie to Ubuntu, I already reinstall the system for few times due to following different people's post. I really hope Ubuntu team or MESA team could fix this issue soon. If you know how to solve this (other than install Ubuntu 14/16), please leave your comment, I really appreciate it!