Thread: Windows Surface Go for dual boot? Anybody?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Windows Surface Go for dual boot? Anybody?

Has anybody any experience with this machine dual booting Linux?

The price seems reasonable. The only drawback is the 'S' - "streamlined for simplicity, security and speed" so they say, but can only download from the STORE. Seems to me the 'S' is STORE lol.

I don't use windows unless I have to, Internet Explorer for example so I wonder if the set up of 'S', supposedly booting faster, will affect dual booting xubuntu.

I assume windows will be going 'S' for everything soon.

I have been looking for a small tablet for some time now and wonder if any others are coming out this year as they seem to be coming popular. I haven't found anything else yet but by September anything 2018 should be out?
    Last edited by makem2; September 3rd, 2018 at 10:07 PM.

Beans

Re: Windows Surface Go for dual boot? Anybody?

I'm also looking at Surface Go as I spilled coffee on my MBP :/

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I have a small Bluetooth keyboard I wanted to use but the problem I had with a Chinese 2 in 1 I tried, was logging in. Bluetooth was not up and running on booting so I could not access grub. I gave up using that machine for other reasons such as heat.

Maybe it's possible to start in winblows and get to grub? Ive never needed to research that.

Beans

So i have had the Surface GO 2 days now. all i want is ubuntu on it. the windows ubuntu is so limited with the wsl and almost makes it useless to "Real fun". been looking for methods to i stall ubuntu. Virtual machine route was ok, but ive noticed there is always an extra few steps involved when usong the vms or othef methods. most times i have to install more software to get the same results out of the box that i have gotten woth a regualar old pc.

my advice if you dont het the keyboard or have a bt keyboard its just another android tablet, sure i can run full programs and the battery is good. im not really wowed.