Thread: sounds works on ubuntu 18.04 but not windows 10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

sounds works on ubuntu 18.04 but not windows 10

hey guys I have an issue and I know this may not be the place but ill try it either way. I have a dell inspiron 13 7359 and I run Windows 10 on it. Whenever I restart the laptop the sound stops working but if I just press shutdown and then start it again it works fine... I have everything updated and the BIOS is up to date as well and the drivers say they are fine. I tried to call hp and they don't care. However I ran ubuntu 18.04 and my sound works just fine.... so why would it work on ubuntu but not windows...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: sounds works on ubuntu 18.04 but not windows 10

Moved to Windows forum.

Beans

I'm a little confused by your post. You initially indicate you are having problems with your Dell Inspiron and in the next sentence say that you called hp and they don't care. Which is it, a Dell or HP? Have you tried the windows troubleshooting option for sound? Did sound ever work on windows? You may actually have better luck at a windows forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

yes i wrote hp but i did mean del.. It's because I have two laptops... One dell inspiron and another hp elitebook so i confused the two my bad... And I called windows and there IT people took control of the laptop and nothing worked at all and they said they'd bring it higher up. After that I went to windows shop at the mall and tried it there and the IT people had no clue what was wrong with it as it worked fine with other OS's and even changing the drivers failed... So even windows doesn't understand it.