Thread: ubuntu cleaner

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

ubuntu cleaner

hello,
    just wondering if anyone uses this thing called ubuntu cleaner?

https://mintguide.org/tools/708-ubun...tem-clean.html

i know linux doesn't leave the kind of stuff behind like windows does and i've used bleachbit before and it seems to do what it's supposed to do, but seems like it might be a bit invasive, although it hasn't ever damaged my systems.

just curious as to what people's thoughts are on this program as i can't seem to find much on the forums talking about it except for a few old topics.

thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: ubuntu cleaner

I use ubuntu cleaner and it works well for me. But like any cleaner you need to know what your deleting. I recommend the ppa if your going to use it.
    found here.
    I also use an appimage of stacer which will do a good job of cleaning but will not remove any kernels. found here.
    the appimage does not need to be installed just download and make exicutable and run.
    bleachbit also works well. Linux does not need as much cleaning as windows but it's helpful to keep the system as clean as possible.
    Good Luck.
    Wireless script
    Dave
    Registered Linux User #462608
    Morse Code an early Digital Mode.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: ubuntu cleaner

that's the page i found the ubuntu cleaner on and do use the ppa. never heard of stacer and may check that out.

another question i have about ubuntu cleaner is why does it always want to install an unsigned linux kernel when removing the old kernels?

thank you