Thread: I know a solution to a thread that is unanswered and closed

Beans

Question I know a solution to a thread that is unanswered and closed

I'd like to share my solution to the following question: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2333164

I found it just now on Google, meaning there's a solid chance someone else will too. I even restored my forums account I created all the way back in early 2009, almost 10 years ago, just to realise the thread is closed.

Can you please temporarily unlock it?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: I know a solution to a thread that is unanswered and closed

Hello!

Threads that have no activity for a year are automatically closed by the forum software. We very, very rarely re-open them -- and that only in the case of a very compelling reason.

So it will remain closed.

Cheers.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

I'm not trying to disrespect, but both you and I know that unlocking a thread on vBulletin is a matter of pressing a button on that thread's page, which I even directly linked to for your convenience.

I am suggesting to add missing piece of useful information to the googleable question posted on your forum, hopefully making your resource more informative and a better place overall, by saving time for someone else who stumbles upon it, on not having to research like I did. In my view that is a reason compelling enough, but who am I to argue with this robot thinking, right?

Long live StackExchange.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I'm sure that you realize that as a Forum Admin I am quite well aware that I have the ability to re-open closed threads.

We just aren't going to do it. We're not going to spend all of our time re-opening and closing two year old threads.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

You could just create a new thread with a link to the thread in question, that way all our members and guest can benefit from your knowledge.