Thread: How can I contribute to 18.10 Daily builds?

Beans

How can I contribute to 18.10 Daily builds?

Hi all,

Due to graphics issues with the Ryzen 1200 GPU, I've had to look for a Linux distro release running the 4.17 kernel or later. I've chosen the Ubuntu 18.10 daily builds since this is what I'd be most comfortable using, and there doesn't appear to be a stable release of any major distro on this kernel yet.

Since I'm going to be using the daily builds, I was wondering how I can give some of my time to helping the project? I've only dabbled in Linux as a home user before, and don't have much experience with administrating, scripting, or version control/bug tracking systems -- but I'd be very interested in gaining more experience with Linux, so this seems like a good place to start! I'm bound to come across some annoying faults and problems, so it would be good if I could make some productive use of those frustrations with a volatile release like this, rather than keeping the bugs I discover to myself.

Installing now, so I'll check back here in a few, hopefully with a functioning install!

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: How can I contribute to 18.10 Daily builds?

Welcome to the forums eden123,

You can contribute to the next release of Ubuntu by:

Be prepared to downgrade an update that doesn't work properly. It doesn't happen very often but it does happen.