Hello my fellow Linux enthusiasts,

I've got a question concerning Wine and PlayOnLinux. I have been playing Diablo 2 LoD on Linux from time to time. This is the installation procedure i use: https://youtu.be/5moHwhTYGho Basically install Diablo 2 demo freeware version with PlayOnLinux wizard, which installs a Wine bottle with the right wine version. And copy the Direct play version of D2 into the Program Files. Thats the easiest method i could come up with. It even worked on different distributions. But after around the time when spectrum/meltdown patches came out. The only popular distro where it still works is 16.04. And by the way there was also a patch released by Blizzard for D2 at that time. But every patch before was no issue at all.

Now, whats up with Wine or POL? On 18.04 POL doesn't even want to create bottles. What is causing the issues? POL/Wine? Even python 3 migration maybe? Or some removed 32bit libs?
I also was thinking to hear what they would say on the POL forums. But first wanted to hear on the distribution forum.

Thank you,
BH