Thread: Lettering on my old KuduPro

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Lettering on my old KuduPro

i have an old KuduPro from 2014. i am unable to read the lettering on the 3 blue lights just "above" the keyboard on the right side about 6cm away from the power button. does anyone know what they are? the middle one lights up when i press Caps Lock. the left one comes on when graphics mode begins ... for some users, but not for all. so i am wondering what that means. i do run 12 users in parallel and select among them in the drop menu from the gear icon in the upper right corner of Unity. the light on the right has never come on that i can see.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans

Re: Lettering on my old KuduPro

The 3 lights on my Kudu are identified by little icons, not lettering. The left one is a square with a number '1' in it. It's the "Num Lk" key status indicator. The middle one has an 'A' in it and is "Caps Lock" key indicator. The right one has a "down arrow" in it and I've never seen it on so that's a mystery to me, too.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

that's probably part of the confusion; that they are icons. the printing looks messed up and weak like there was too much vibration for this one and quality control missed it. i'm thinking about something new ... bigger and/or faster. this Kudu has served me well for a few years. i'v been looking it over, closely, because a relative might buy it.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by jweber53 View Post
    The 3 lights on my Kudu are identified by little icons, not lettering. The left one is a square with a number '1' in it. It's the "Num Lk" key status indicator. The middle one has an 'A' in it and is "Caps Lock" key indicator. The right one has a "down arrow" in it and I've never seen it on so that's a mystery to me, too.
    I believe the "down arrow" indicator is scroll-lock, but I've never had it light up on my Gazelle-Pro either.