Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: See my new Linux themed car license plates.

Beans
    Hidden!

Cool See my new Linux themed car license plates.

I had to renew the plates recently at the DMV in July and I thought personalized plates would be the way to go. So naturally, I went with a Linux theme. I'm surprised no one had beaten me to this. Now I'm Alpha Geek of the road. This is my 2005 Toyota Corolla. Montana plates. Good for 5 years. Pricey for a 2005 car, but well worth it. In the preview, the [img] code does not display the image inline. Sorry if the image does not display inline. Feel free to help me with my BBCode. Thanks. I hope you get a chuckle out of this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eelhlhzug7...1.48.jpg?raw=1
    Last edited by wildmanne39; August 6th, 2018 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Removed very large image

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: See my new Linux themed car license plates.

Please use the attachment facility by clicking on the paperclip or use url's for images because apart from bandwidth issues for some, it makes it difficult for those using mobile devices to browse the forum.

I like that a lot, very nice plates!

Beans
    Hidden!

Ok. Yeah. I don't use Ubuntu Forums on my phone myself because it's too frustrating. But when you say paperclip, does that get resized automatically to the user's phone screen dimensions? That's my pet peeve with the net not resizing itself to my phones screen size. I had tried Flickr on my phone, but it doesn't resize camera roll correctly. I used DropBox. The photo was also available in a variety of sizes on my Flickr account, but again Dropbox and Flickr only would give you one size. The paperclip option sounds nice because it looks like the photo gets resized on the fly, is that right. So should I resize my uploads to about 500 KB to 1 MB and let paperclip do the rest? Thanks for the like!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I am not sure about resizing for a phone, I really do not use my phone on the forum, it puts it into a thumb nail and when you click on the thumb nail it is enlarged where you can see it. I do not remember the allowed size but I think it is somewhere around 80 KB that is allowed, the forum will reject it if it is to large.
    Last edited by wildmanne39; August 6th, 2018 at 11:14 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    I am not sure about resizing for a phone, I really do not use my phone on the forum, it puts it into a thumb nail and when you click on the thumb nail it is enlarged where you can see it.
    Hmm, then I'll try the paperclip next time. Thank you for clarifying things.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Hey!

Montana! My old stompin' grounds before I graduated from college and went into the Army and got citified -- sorta.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

That license plate looks dope man!!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by deltamind View Post
    That license plate looks dope man!!
    Thank you!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Real nice plates! ; but personally I'd prefer that spelling with an X at the start... ... or even just missing the "k" would do ...

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by yetimon_64 View Post
    Real nice plates! ; but personally I'd prefer that spelling with an X at the start... ... or even just missing the "k" would do ...
    😉👍 I'm sure those plates are available if you move here. We'd love to have you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast