Thread: Need OnScreen Bangla Keyboard

Beans

Need OnScreen Bangla Keyboard

I just switched from WIN 10 to Ubuntu 18.04.1, on WIN 10 I can use onscreen Bangla keyboard for Bangla typing.
    Now in Ubuntu, I want to type Bangla using onscreen Bangla keyboard.
    Can you pls suggest me which will be the best onscreen keyboard for Ubuntu?

Beans

Re: Need OnScreen Bangla Keyboard

"Onboard" on screen keyboard available in Ubuntu software repository and you might need "ibus-m17n" installed along with. Ibus will give you Bengali writing capacity and Onboard will give you on screen writing capacity.

Beans

আপনি আইবাস অভ্র ব্যবহার করতে পারেন অথবা নিচের লিংক থেকে ডাউনলোড করে চালাতে পারেন, তবে অবশ্যই Wine ইন্সটল করা থাকতে হবে , না হলে ব্যবহার করতে পারবেন না। https://sourceforge.net/projects/on-...ngla-keyboard/

Beans

step1.Getting A Onscreen Keyboard:

1.Ubuntu comes with a onscreen keyboard by default it is called "OnBoard" which you can find in app menu.

2.In case "OnBoard" is not installed then open a terminal with (ctrl+alt+t)

3.In the terminal window type: sudo apt install onboard

4.As "OnBoard" is installed open it from app menu and boom you get a onscreen keyboard.

5.There is a icon on the task bar which you can use to enable and disable the keyboard.

Now to type Bengali with it follow the next instruction. we will be installing avro now.

step2.Getting Bengali Typing feature:

1.install ibus with (sudo apt install ibus)

2.download this file: https://github.com/maateen/avro/rele..._2.1-3_all.deb (can check for any latest version if you want)

3.go to the folder where you downloaded the file

4.right click on any blank space and select "open terminal here" from drop down menu.

5.In the termial window type: sudo dpkg -i avro_2.1-3_all.deb

6.from menu goto IBus Preferences >> add >> Bengali >> Avro Phonetic or whatever there is.... and apply

7.Notice that a new icon showed upon the right of your bar or task bar (basically the icon is a keyboard picture or it says EN)

8.click that icon and select avro. if avro is not there goto step 6 and check you did it right or not.

9.The icon should turn avro orange and you can type bangla with phonectics on any place like google, facebook etc

10.To change to english just click that previous icon(which now shows avro) and select english

Hope it fits your needs