Thread: Error message: The application SSH Key Agent closed unexpectedly

Beans

Error message: The application SSH Key Agent closed unexpectedly

Every time I start up Ubuntu, I get the error message "The application SSH Key Agent closed unexpectedly". I'm translating, but it's something like that. Maybe "closed without warning".
    It's the same every time: I log into Ubuntu, and after about 5 seconds a window pops up saying an application wants to use the keyring and asking for a password. Then after about 30-60 seconds, I get the error message and the option to send an error report.

I searched around and couldn't find anyone having this problem. I don't know what program might be using the keyring on startup. I'm very much a newbie, so I haven't edited with configuration files or installed any advanced utilities.
    I'm tempted to follow the directions on this page to disable the SSH Agent:
    https://www.scivision.co/disable-gno...ing-ssh-agent/

But I'd rather not mess with system defaults if that can be avoided.

Any ideas?

Ubuntu 18.04.1 64-BIT
    Gnome 3.28.2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Error message: The application SSH Key Agent closed unexpectedly

I've been having the same problem for months and believe that it may be due to having MIcrosoft (ugh) Skype starting up or perhaps Chrome browser.
    Sorry that I'm not providing a solution. Let's hope out problems get some attention.
    ASUS ZenBook UX305 (Intel® Core™ M-5Y10c ) CPU @ 0.80GHz × 4, 8GiB RAM, 128GiB SSD, Ubuntu 18.04
    MSi CR620 (Novatech i3 Core i3-350M) 2.27GHz 2GiB RAM, 250GiB SSD, Ubuntu 18.04 & W10

Beans
    Distro

I've uninstalled Skype and rebooted. Thus far the problem has not recurred.
    ASUS ZenBook UX305 (Intel® Core™ M-5Y10c ) CPU @ 0.80GHz × 4, 8GiB RAM, 128GiB SSD, Ubuntu 18.04
    MSi CR620 (Novatech i3 Core i3-350M) 2.27GHz 2GiB RAM, 250GiB SSD, Ubuntu 18.04 & W10

Beans

Thanks for the reply and finding at least one solution. My system doesn't have Skype.
    I tried uninstalling Chromium and rebooting, but still got the same error message.

Beans
    Distro

I also have Chrome (not Chromium) installed and believe that it also caused the problem.

Beans

Obviously there's something else in my case. Is there any risk to system stability or security if I disable the SSH agent from loading on startup?