Thread: Broadcom BCM4322 on macBook Pro: Activation of Network Connection Failed

Beans

Question Broadcom BCM4322 on macBook Pro: Activation of Network Connection Failed

I'm in the process of installing 18.04 on an old macBook Pro 2009. The Ethernet connection works as it should, but the Wireless was not detected during installation, and I had to install an extra module. Once the module was installed, the wireless seemed to work fine - it detected the networks around my house, and the signal levels look right.

The problem is that every time I try to connect to a network with the correct password, nothing happens for about a minute, and finally I get "Connection failed: Activation of Network Connection Failed". If I try it with the wrong password, I get the appropriate dismissal, so it clearly talks to the routers.

Here is a link to the output of the WirelessInfo script: https://pastebin.com/ZSmxA6gU

I tried to find solutions here and elsewhere, but most threads deal with adapters that are simply not working, not ones being flaky like mine. I'll keep trying, but I am new to Linux, and there is a lot to learn before I can make sense of even the WirelessInfo output.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Broadcom BCM4322 on macBook Pro: Activation of Network Connection Failed

Thread moved to Apple Hardware Users for a more appropriate fit.