Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I go back to Windows?

Beans

Re: How do I go back to Windows?

HP Pavilion netbook and I've been told it does not have enough RAM
    HP has been making and selling the Pavilion for decades, how old is and how much RAM do you have? This would be the bare minimum information needed to get started. The problems you are reporting might be the result of your computer not having enough resources so that information will be useful. If you are able to successfully boot Ubuntu, open a terminal and enter this command (hit the Enter key) and post the output here.

Code:
    inxi -F
    If you downloaded the windows installer and properly put it on a usb, you need to enter the BIOS/Setup when the computer first boots. Watch the screen, usually in the lower left of the screen you will see a message telling you which key to use. When you access the BIOS, look for Boot and Boot Options and set the usb first.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

To repeat my comment, you can't simply "copy the Win installer to USB" and expect it to work. You need to use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to create a working USB installation stick.

As to the RAM, I have Win10 running on 2GB very old laptop, so unless your PC has 1GB or less, you should have enough RAM to run Win10.

You should really check with the HP Support Forums for help in installing Windows on your laptop: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/

Good Luck
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yancek View Post
    HP has been making and selling the Pavilion for decades, how old is and how much RAM do you have? This would be the bare minimum information needed to get started. The problems you are reporting might be the result of your computer not having enough resources so that information will be useful. If you are able to successfully boot Ubuntu, open a terminal and enter this command (hit the Enter key) and post the output here.

Code:
    inxi -F
    If you downloaded the windows installer and properly put it on a usb, you need to enter the BIOS/Setup when the computer first boots. Watch the screen, usually in the lower left of the screen you will see a message telling you which key to use. When you access the BIOS, look for Boot and Boot Options and set the usb first.
    The OP was running windows 10 successfully before installing Ubuntu. Definitely Ubuntu will require less resources than Windows 10

Beans

It is clearly corrupted I am having great difficulty even starting the computer. I've downloaded the win install media creation thing but then what do I do? I cannot click on it to run.

Beans

The OP was running windows 10 successfully before installing Ubuntu.
    Running it, but how successfull quoting from the OP post below. Posting the amount of RAM would be useful.

I've been told it does not have enough RAM. Win10 worked really quickly to begin with but now is dreadfull
    If you can boot Ubuntu, you can boot the windows installer from Grub in Ubuntu if you are able to follow the simple instructions at the link below.

http://onetransistor.blogspot.ch/201...om-ubuntu.html
    Last edited by yancek; July 22nd, 2018 at 05:45 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12