Thread: Terrible Overheating Problem

Beans

Unhappy Terrible Overheating Problem

Hi guys, I'm kindda new and have a very annoying overheating issue with my laptop.

Whatever I do (no matter what, listening to music, watching a SD (NOT EVEN HD) video or simply web surfing) make the temperature as high as it shuts down automatically. At first I thought it might be system architecture, so tested both 32 and 64bits. Also thought about poor hardware and tried Lubuntu - After Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Mint - none were the issue in my case. I know dust can cause similar problems but fan area under the laptop is clean.

I should mention that when overheated, if programs get minimized, temperature will get lower.

There is a temperature monitor mini app in Lubuntu (installed by default in panel), when idle it shows 68; as soon as anything runs like Firefox, gets high and high until system turns off.

Details if needed:
    Fujitsu Lifebook AH530
    BIOS: 01.19
    CPU: Intel core M380 2.53 GHz (Core i3)
    RAM: 4GB (2x2GB)

Thank you all

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Terrible Overheating Problem

Seems to be a common issue with this laptop.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7XoUS-o7rU shows how to clean the GPU and CPU heatsinks and put fresh thermal grease on. I'd vacuum the fan blades while I was at it too.

Beans

Re: Terrible Overheating Problem

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    Seems to be a common issue with this laptop.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7XoUS-o7rU shows how to clean the GPU and CPU heatsinks and put fresh thermal grease on. I'd vacuum the fan blades while I was at it too.
    Seems solved! Still can't believe it.
    I searched a lot, asked a lot, found out a lot; But none were the answer of mine. Your solution was exactly what I was looking for during the recent years.

I can't find the "Thank You" button. But, THANK YOU millions of times.