Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KDenLive wont start - free(): invalid pointer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: KDenLive wont start - free(): invalid pointer

As I use it so rarely and for such simple things, and they've given me no reply through their own forum, I think I might just try Cinerella as I've seen a few people say it has also improved in leaps and bounds over the last year or so (definitely preferred KdenLive last time i compared but that was a quite a while ago now.)

I do also keep on saying I'm going to give a couple of other distros a try.....

EDIT: seems the situation of Cinerella is an absolute mess! Not sure why I've seen more than one person suggesting it in the last couple of months.... Multiple websites, all a mess, last news about six months ago for a beta release, one of the websites listing three different competing versions, not in the official repo and instructions (of the only one that mentions a ppa) doesn't seem to have been done for Bionic yet. Don't think I'll bother with that!

But on the plus side, I've just downloaded the appImage of the latest development version of KDenLive and at least that works. First time I've used an appImage but actually been reading and talking about them a bit elsewhere the last couple of days
    Last edited by kazakore; July 12th, 2018 at 04:42 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12