Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Install Emerald Window Decorator on Bionic Beaver 18.04 LTS

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Install Emerald Window Decorator on Bionic Beaver 18.04 LTS

I had been looking at how to do this and usually just find old .deb files but, I don't like using 5 year old .deb files that are for another version of Ubuntu.
    So here is an easier way:
    Code:
    sudo apt update

sudo apt install git libtool pkg-config libwnck-dev libwnck-3-dev debhelper gtk3-engines-xfce libcairo2-dev libdecoration0-dev libxrender-dev libx11-dev gettext intltool intltool-debian libltdl-dev libtool autopoint automake build-essential libxi-dev

*g++-aarch64-linux-gnu --- this package may not be required to compile I leave it at your discretion whether to install it or not. 
    (I left this out of the above command because I had to remove it afterwards but, it's up to you to install it if you want.)

(You may want to create a directory for these if you want, It will create 2 directories one emerald and the other emerald-themes. I created a folder in my Downloads directory called emerald that had both directories in it.)

git clone https://github.com/compiz-reloaded/emerald

git clone https://github.com/compiz-reloaded/emerald-themes

Change directories were the emerald source is, then do the following commands, the same applies for the emerald-themes directory:

./autogen.sh

*Optional step - Configure after autogen.sh is done configure with:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr

make

sudo make install
    Here is the YouTube video I got this from: I mainly just went by the commands but, feel free to listen to the video as there is some explaining of what is going on in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlnnWqwEqg

Then go into CCSM Window decoration and put this in the command:

emerald.png

Beans

Re: Install Emerald Window Decorator on Bionic Beaver 18.04 LTS

dude I've done it, but how do I change themes once I import them in the emerald themer?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Look for Emerald them manager. On Arch Linux Xfce, it's under Settings...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Google is your friend.

Beans

Hey did all of that, and if google was my friend I would not be here. Not trying to be rude or anything, but such comments are not helping, of course I have googled all there is, of course I have tried and it didn't work,...
    For some reason when I click on the themes they just don't change. I even deleted my Ubuntu 18 and re-installed Ubuntu Mate, because its having that old environment so that it would work better !

But still no luck and am also having two guys helping me over Team Viewer + Discord, and no luck...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by shemhamforash2 View Post
    Hey did all of that, and if google was my friend I would not be here. Not trying to be rude or anything, but such comments are not helping, of course I have googled all there is, of course I have tried and it didn't work,...
    For some reason when I click on the themes they just don't change. I even deleted my Ubuntu 18 and re-installed Ubuntu Mate, because its having that old environment so that it would work better !

But still no luck and am also having two guys helping me over Team Viewer + Discord, and no luck...
    Are you saying you could not install emerald this way or can not find where Emerald Theme Manager is?

I believe this thread did not help me on 18.04 either. Try this from an older version. I think this is what worked for me.

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2381499

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

That thread in my last post is definitely where I got my Emerald from:

Screenshot_2019-01-17_14-31-06.jpg

I did get it from this thread at least twice because I installed 18.04 several times before it went to 18.04.1 but, now I think the links have changed or whatever.

I guess for an LTS that is why they say to wait until the 1st point release before installing it as your primary OS.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by shemhamforash2 View Post

So, did you accomplish the goal?

Beans

muchas gracias, a mi me funciono todo muy bien, ejecute cada uno de los comandos en lubuntu 18.04, y ahora puedo ver los bordes de las ventanas.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Hello and welcome to the forum srosh88, you have posted in an English only forum, please translate your post into English.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast