How to increase font size, Ubuntu 18.04

Hi all,

Host - Ubuntu 16.04 gnome desktop
    Guest - Ubuntu 18.04 gnome desktop
    KVM

I have installed "Unity control center"

Unity control center -> Displays
    Unknown display
    (please see attached screenshot_unknown_display.png)

What shall I do? Install "gnome-tweaks" or "unity-tweak-tool" ?

Please advise. Thanks

Regards
    satimis
    Attached Images Attached Images

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: How to increase font size, Ubuntu 18.04

Quote Originally Posted by satimis View Post
    What shall I do? Install "gnome-tweaks" or "unity-tweak-tool" ?
    If you're not running Unity in Ubuntu 18.04 then you don't need the "Unity Control Center" as you already have "gnome-control-center" installed. It's the "Settings" application.
    Install only the applications/utilities for the Ubuntu version that you want to tweak.
    So, if you have Ubuntu 18.04 (GNOME Shell) running in KVM then install "gnome-tweaks".

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PaulW2U View Post
    If you're not running Unity in Ubuntu 18.04 then you don't need the "Unity Control Center" as you already have "gnome-control-center" installed. It's the "Settings" application.
    Install only the applications/utilities for the Ubuntu version that you want to tweak.
    So, if you have Ubuntu 18.04 (GNOME Shell) running in KVM then install "gnome-tweaks".
    Thanks

I have gnome-tweaks installed.

To increase the font size of the top menu I have to change "Scaling Factor" from 1.00 to 1.60. What is its function?

satimis
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by satimis; July 7th, 2018 at 10:15 AM.

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by satimis View Post
    To increase the font size of the top menu I have to change "Scaling Factor" from 1.00 to 1.60. What is its function?
    I'm new to kvm myself and I'm too seeing things that I did not expect to. I've previously been a Virtualbox user.

I think "Scaling Factor" is not changing the font size but increasing or decreasing the displayed font size. I don't know whether you have stumbled on a kvm bug or not as I only use VMs to test ISOs and replicate issues when answering support questions. I don't ever plan to use Ubuntu in a VM on a permanent basis.

In my regular installation of Ubuntu I don't need to use "Scaling Factor" to change the Window Title font as it seems to change as expected.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PaulW2U View Post
    I'm new to kvm myself and I'm too seeing things that I did not expect to. I've previously been a Virtualbox user.

I think "Scaling Factor" is not changing the font size but increasing or decreasing the displayed font size.
    Ok, thanks. Hoping that other folks on the forum can help.

I don't know whether you have stumbled on a kvm bug or not as I only use VMs to test ISOs and replicate issues when answering support questions. I don't ever plan to use Ubuntu in a VM on a permanent basis.
    I'm running both KVM and VirtualBox here. Both of them are installed on SSD. I have about 60~70 VMs/Guests installed, all for testing. Both KVM and VirtualBox are having bugs.

I'm prepared to test "Tensorflow", the Open Source AI. It is because the 1TB SSD running VirturalBox is nearly full therefore I created several Ubuntu 18.04 guests on KVM ready to start my test.

Regards
    satimis