Thread: Problem with database connection

Beans

Problem with database connection

I never used Ubuntu, and now I installed Ubuntu 18.04, and I have a problem with connection to Database.

When I want to open Local Instance, i get this:

Your connection attempt failed for user 'root' from your host to server at localhost:3306:
    Authentication plugin 'caching_sha2_password' cannot be loaded: /usr/lib/mysql/plugin/caching_sha2_password.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Please:
    1 Check that mysql is running on server localhost
    2 Check that mysql is running on port 3306 (note: 3306 is the default, but this can be changed)
    3 Check the root has rights to connect to localhost from your address (mysql rights define what clients can connect to the server and from which machines)
    4 Make sure you are both providing a password if needed and using the correct password for localhost connecting from the host address you're connecting from

I thought i forgot password so i reinstalled everything, but it's not worth it, again the same error is displayed. I can access mysql in terminal...but not on workbench
    Can someone tell me what should I do to make it work?
    Last edited by miljov; June 25th, 2018 at 07:34 PM.

Beans

Re: Problem with database connection

Have you ever used MySQL before on another platform like Windows?
    IHave you used a database program like MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MSSQL before?

I suggest you read this at least twice to get started: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-secu...rivileges.html
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users