Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gzip: sfx_archive.tar.gz: not in gzip format ------intsall of thinkorswim

Beans

Re: gzip: sfx_archive.tar.gz: not in gzip format ------intsall of thinkorswim

Please send me a link to the uploaded file. I am having the same problem with ThinkorSwim

Beans

Beans

Thumbs up Re: gzip: sfx_archive.tar.gz: not in gzip format ------intsall of thinkorswim

Quote Originally Posted by luis-feliu View Post
    Could you please upload the installation script? I'm having issues with the file hosted on the thinkorswim site. Thanks.
    Hello. I experience the same problem. If you can send me a copy of the script, thanks a lot for that too.

Beans

I hit the same thing today. Wrote TDA and was told they "don't support" Linux despite the installer link and instructions still being all over the place on their website.

The installer tries to tail an archive with the goods out of the script file itself, but the offset it uses isn't an archive. There are pieces of a .tar.gz in there, but it's seemingly corrupt. The most recent version on web.archive from 2015:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20150806...m_installer.sh

... manages to run and install, but now "Installing updates..." spins for ~10 minutes at a time and complains about internet connectivity.

Next, took my updated ToS install from Mac and copied the thinkorswim/thinkorswim bootstrapper script from the 2015 linux version into it. Same thing, runs but no internet connectivity. Maybe JRE needs to be given network access somehow? Beats me.

Gave up and installed the Windows version with Wine. It seems to run as well as I'd have expected the "native" version to.

tos-ubuntu.jpg

Beans

Did you install the 32 or 64 bit version in Wine? I tried installing it on Linux Mint, but it's stuck at "Downloading updates" when I run TOS.

Beans

i am running linux MINT.

i used this thread to update to java version 1.8****
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2311233

use the link and wget the download
    https://web.archive.org/web/20150806...m_installer.sh

run
    sudo sh ./thinkorswim_installer.sh

it does cycle through several updates but it will run after about 25 mins or so.

Beans

Hello, could you please share the file? I'm having the same problem. My email is ramirez.cervantes@gmail.com Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12