Thread: Linux Mint and M4Baker... M4B books are too short, not all MP3's are used.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Linux Mint and M4Baker... M4B books are too short, not all MP3's are used.

Hello everyone,

My apologies if this is the wrong location for this.

I've installed M4Baker from this tut from @crabman: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread....&highlight=m4b

I've successfully installed M4Baker and it's dependencies. I have three MP3's, each ~420 MB in size, that make up an entire book.

I load the three files into the app, add all the data like the title, author, ect. and click Process All!

The program begins to create the M4B file.

After only a few minutes... it says it is done.

Out of the 1.3 GB worth of MP3's, I end up with a 103 MB M4B file... it does work... but it is only 2.33 hours long instead of the 22 hours that it should be.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Most of us do and say dumb things, think before you act. If you do plan on going the dumb route, please be sure to have the cameras rolling... you can at least give the rest of us a good laugh.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Linux Mint and M4Baker... M4B books are too short, not all MP3's are used.

I hope I'm not leading you to another headache but>> this is how I've done it: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1418085
    Here's wishing you success!
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

I appreciate the response. Perhaps I missed it, but that doesn't cover adding a cover image, right?
    Most of us do and say dumb things, think before you act. If you do plan on going the dumb route, please be sure to have the cameras rolling... you can at least give the rest of us a good laugh.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

You are correct that doesn't cover adding a Image.
    You should see after a successful completion something like my screenshot.
    Bear in mind I made no chapters for my example just to see if I still knew what I was Doing.
    Just some more information>> I show where I also converted the m4b to a friendlier Mp3 file if needed. It was 10 tracks long and 1hr 14 mins Time wise.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 1fallen; June 18th, 2018 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Removed duplicated word
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD