Thread: Slow WiFi connection on Ubuntu LTS 18.04

Beans

Slow WiFi connection on Ubuntu LTS 18.04

Hello,
    I just installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS,dual boot,with Windows 10 as the alternative OS.
    Everything seems to work perfectly fine, except that my Internet speed is measured much much less on Ubuntu than on Windows 10. The download speed is measured ~45Mbps on Windows,but only ~6mbps on Ubuntu. I use speedtest.net to make the measurement.
    I am using this product a a Network card. https://www.tp-link.com/us/download/TL-WN823N_V2.html.
    I have tried every possible answer that was posted,but I can still not resolve the issue. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Regards,
    Giorgos

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Slow WiFi connection on Ubuntu LTS 18.04

See Wireless-info in my signature, download it and run the script, then report back the output here or using http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/ if the output is too large to add direct. One of our wifi experts will hopefully be able to suggest a solution.

Beans

ive got the same issues. The only way I can get decent speeds now are to use my phone to connect to the wifi and share internet connection via USB to the laptop.

Beans

I have the same qustion!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hello violainecao and azlurz welcome to the forum, please start your own thread for support and do not post in someone else's, while the issue may seem the same most time the underlying cause is totally different.

Thanks