Remove all files associated with aisleriot and gnome-mahjongg

I use the following command to remove aisleriot:
    Code:
    sudo apt remove --purge aisleriot
    Similarly, I use
    Code:
    sudo apt remove --purge guile-2.0-libs
    sudo apt remove --purge gnome-mahjongg
    to get rid of some libraries associated with aisleriot and gnome-mahjongg.

However, if I search the system for aisleriot or gnome-mahjongg, I find files in
    /usr/share
    usr/share/branding
    usr/share/app-install/desktop
    /usr/share/help-langpack/en_GB
    /usr/share/locale-langpack/en_AU/LC_MESSAGES
    and other places.

I want to remove anything related to games. How do I do this?

Beans

Re: Remove all files associated with aisleriot and gnome-mahjongg

I'd be a bit more careful and check what the packages are and what they do. 'guile-2.0-libs' is an interpreter and runtime system for the programming language guile (a variant of scheme, which is a lot like lisp ...) that is used by many programs as an extension language. 'apt show <package-name>' will give you a description of <package-name>. To find out what package a file is part of you can use 'dpkg -S <filename-with-full-path>'. The stuff in /usr/share/app-install is used be the 'Software'-Application. The files in help-langpack and locale-langpack are basic language packages. The translated messages for all the basic gnome applications come in one big package per language.

Holger

Beans

Re: Remove all files associated with aisleriot and gnome-mahjongg

Quote Originally Posted by Holger_Gehrke View Post
    I'd be a bit more careful and check what the packages are and what they do. 'guile-2.0-libs' is an interpreter and runtime system for the programming language guile (a variant of scheme, which is a lot like lisp ...) that is used by many programs as an extension language. 'apt show <package-name>' will give you a description of <package-name>. To find out what package a file is part of you can use 'dpkg -S <filename-with-full-path>'. The stuff in /usr/share/app-install is used be the 'Software'-Application. The files in help-langpack and locale-langpack are basic language packages. The translated messages for all the basic gnome applications come in one big package per language.

Holger
    Thanks for the info about guile. I reinstalled it. Are you saying that I should leave the files and/or folders alone that have aisieriot and gnome-mahjongg in their names?