Thread: Emergency for an upgrade (SMB)

Beans

Exclamation Emergency for an upgrade (SMB)

Hello everyone I am trying to make this quick I hope i can get some help from the grand masters! I started a new job and they're computers were running SOO SLOW. So I installed Ubuntu 16.04 (side loaded) to a couple of the desktops, they love it! The only problem is that, they all use the same printer/scanner. I have installed the correct printer drivers with the PPD file so we can print just fine!!! But the scanner used SMB EX: "Bob goes to scan paper, the scanner forwards it to a folder for them.". I got $200 for speeding up there work! But there scanner uses a windows SMB server type deal locally. And i just need to connect it. PLease guys im sorry about this post. But hey I plan on helping back when i can.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Emergency for an upgrade (SMB)

What printer are you using? Wired, wireless, ethernet?

Beans

Re: Emergency for an upgrade (SMB)

So how do Windows users access the folder? Presumably they have some connection like \\server\share, where "share" could be the folder of scanned documents, or perhaps its parent. Try opening Nautilus and entering "smb://server/share" in the address bar.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users