Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mysql not starting in ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: mysql not starting in ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by rcrahul60 View Post
    it's just different mirror I don't think its matter
    The point I was trying to make is that I do not think the version you have installed was "officially" supported on 18.04 platform. The version I am running is supported. I halted my 16.04 to 18.04 upgrades (well, more like migrations) because I wanted to wait for MariaDB to reach a stable version on 18.04 and that only recently happened.

I am not sure that what you are experiencing is only just due to installing an older version though but it is extremely difficult to say since I was not looking over your shoulder while you installed Ubuntu Server and then the database software.

You can however see the exact steps I take whenever I setup Ubuntu Server and MariaDB on my website and compare that to how you are installing it. Please note that my 18.04 documentation is not what I call 100% complete but 95% complete at this point.

You might also have something messed up on your server after doing multiple install/uninstall. I'd recommend using VirtualBox and install a fresh copy of Ubuntu Server 18.04 and MariaDB right after that. If you still get the same problem, then it has to be something you are (are not) doing rather than it being a left-over install remnant or bug in the version.

I wish I could throw out a single-sentence answer to fix your problem but I'm just not that adept at trouble-shooting other peoples setups. Sorry.

LHammonds
    Last edited by LHammonds; June 21st, 2018 at 03:24 PM.

Beans

Its okay man you were a big help..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

You seem to have missed one of my questions. Did you remove the mysql manual installation before installing maridb-server? If you didn't, there will probably be conflicts. Using the same port is the first thing coming to mind...
    Darko.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 64bit

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123