Thread: Printing Grayscale coming out dark on Ubuntu 18.04.

Beans

Printing Grayscale coming out dark on Ubuntu 18.04.

Problem: Printing coming out Dark in version 18.04 of L/K/X/Ubuntu

Systems tested: L/X/Ubuntu 16.04 and L/X/K/Ubuntu 18.04.

Printer settings
    Media Size: A4
    Color Model: Grayscale
    Color Precision: Normal
    Media Type: Plain Paper
    Print Quality: Standard
    Resolution: Automatic

Tested hardware
    Desktop Dell Optiplex 745
    IBM ThinkPad T61 Notebook
    Epson Stylus TX123 Printer

I also installed Epson drivers, made 2 down-grid kernel and 1 kernel upgrade, replaces the 6 Libre office by 5, and lastly, as a blind shot, I removed all the packages related to print drivers of the new version (Ubuntu 18.04) and installed the same Packages from the previous version (Ubuntu 16.04), no results yet.

Someone with the same problem?
    Any idea how to fix this?

Last edited by dim+; 3 Days Ago at 12:35 AM.

Beans

Re: Printing Grayscale coming out dark on Ubuntu 18.04.

Good guys, I could not solve this issue of Ubuntu 18.04 be printing darker than previous versions, even installing the specific drivers of the printer, in previous versions I simply installed the system and printed similar to That was on the screen, I tested most of the distros based on the new version Ubuntu 18.04, my last attempt was the Linux Mint 19, continues printing darker.

But, I ended up solving otherwise, was fiddling with the settings of the printer and saw that had manual control of brightness, contrast and others, just added + 500 brightness and + 500 contrast, for me already solved, still did not make any fine tuning, not tested Colorful, only print on grayscale.

If it comes fix for this to be printing dark, in the future updates of Ubuntu 18.04, following the logic, the prints here come out very clear, why I added + 500 brightness and + 500 contrast in the manual control of the printer.

The Ubuntu 18.04 comes with printer-driver-gutenprint 5.2.13-2, does anyone know how to force the use of the printer-driver-gutenprint 5.2.11 version of Ubuntu 16.04?
    Last edited by dim+; 3 Days Ago at 12:43 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Hello,

sometimes if I chose to print greyscale, then the result was no printing at all - the printer printed an empty paper, yet I do not own a printer like yours.

Now, about your question, I guess that you could download the package you want from here:
    https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/p...ver-gutenprint

and try to install it, yet it might not work due to dependency problems. You could check it out in a virtual machine, if you do not want to brick your system.

Ah! &welcome to the forums!

Regards!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Claus7 View Post
    Hello,

sometimes if I chose to print greyscale, then the result was no printing at all - the printer printed an empty paper, yet I do not own a printer like yours.

Now, about your question, I guess that you could download the package you want from here:
    https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/p...ver-gutenprint

and try to install it, yet it might not work due to dependency problems. You could check it out in a virtual machine, if you do not want to brick your system.

Ah! &welcome to the forums!

Regards!
    Thanks Claus7, I hadn't tested print colorful, has no color ink here, it's empty, just black, I left the printer for RGB color, and printed correctly without dark put Grayscale again and got dark, how do I use just ink Black, if I let RGB color in the printer just take the color of the documents I print, that resolve for me.

About gutenprint drivers, I had tried to force the installation but not send signal to printer, has a dependency on there new version responsible for sending the signal to the printer, I installed this dependency isolated along with the old driver, sends a signal, but prints blank, I'm going to test a few more times, I have a system here just for testing, but thanks for the tips.

Printing out the same screen, at the got darker for example that was scanned.