Thread: PLAYONLINUX - Colin McRae Rally 2005

Beans

Unhappy PLAYONLINUX - Colin McRae Rally 2005

Hello,
    I ve got installed Ubuntu MATE 18.04 LTS 64-bit, everything is just fine, most of the time. The problem is, Im not able to run colin mcrae rally 2005. There is a script to install in POL, but it always get stuck at POL window with rotating circle saying "Installation in progress..." and it doesnt continue, doesnt crash, just hangs.

OFC, I tried to install it manually trough setting up the virtual drive and running the setup within the drive. The installation works, no problems until I try to run the game. It doesnt really matter if I apply the crack or not, I always get stuck with Starforce protection. Is there any way to set this horrible thing up? I tried to install CMR: Dirt before and google said that Starforce games are not compatible with linux environment. But CMRIRT, whatever, I can forget that thing, all the way is CMR:2005.

It has to be runnable, I believe in it just for the sake of old scripted installer in POL! Is there any way to do it? Any ideas pls?

(I am linux beginner)

Thanks for any suggestions !
    Tomas
    Last edited by QIII; June 16th, 2018 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Implied foul language removed

Beans

Re: PLAYONLINUX - Colin McRae Rally 2005

Wine or Playonlinux are not 100% ok for Windows programs. Perhaps, a virtual machine running Windows would work for you. Once you get it up and running just install it and away you go. Then no worries about security and a click and you are back into your favorite Linux distro.
    Last edited by QIII; June 16th, 2018 at 09:23 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: PLAYONLINUX - Colin McRae Rally 2005

@ n8yoh -- you misspelled "Windows" twice and "Linux" once. I fixed both for you. There are no extra credits awarded here for misspelling "Windows".

@ bing1.cz -- please use family-friendly language.
    Last edited by QIII; June 16th, 2018 at 09:32 PM.