Thread: Voice Recognition Software That Works Remotely From Phone

Beans

Smile Voice Recognition Software That Works Remotely From Phone

Hello, I'm new here. My parents are settlng up voice recognition and screen reader software on my Linux. They have been typing in all my work, and because I need to access my computer remotely from a phone, I'm looking for a way my computer can be set up to answer my phone calls so I may independently use Ubunto and other computer features. Any tips on where to look for such software or how to create are much appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Beans

Re: Voice Recognition Software That Works Remotely From Phone

Greetings;

explanation - work in progress.

You may just need to transfer a wave file over a network and so you might just need to be in range of a microphone depending on your location.

software that I know of that may do this that has a phone app is Dragon Anywhere Mobile Solution, but now most smart phones have ios and and android(linux open source) software that has voice recognition software built in.

Speech Disabilities
    If you have something such dysarthria, you may want to be sure you can double the speech volume. Also cell phone voice recognition may drain the battery, so you may want to use a blu tooth headset.

You may want to use a cup or some type of way to limit background noise.

Past Solutions
    In the past I used software from the same company called DragonDictate that worked under windows, you may be able to use under wine as it was only compatible with windows 95/98

Problems tried basic free dragon app and didn't work for me..
    Some Other Ideas
    You may just need to transfer a wave file over a network and so you might just need to be in range of a microphone.

Other technologies:
    voice matching instead of recognition. Onscreen keyboard. Keyboard word prediction.
    Typing with camera head tracking

portable laptops
    raspberry pi (hardware) with VNC