Thread: chromium problem

Beans

chromium problem

When I went here (ubuntu forums) chromium browser told me that a page was stale and I think it involves the http referer. They have an addon for the referer I think. However, I think there is a way to fix this problem. I read someplace that there is a startup switch for this but I cannot find it. Does anybody know how to fix this referer thing? (I think its referred to as a hddp-referer-headers). When I started with this I kinda remember something about this but I forget where I was <sigh>

Thank you.....................
    Memory: 16gb
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU
    Graphics: NVC1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: chromium problem

Thread moved to Forum Feedback & Help for a more appropriate fit.

I receive that message when I leave my browser open for a certain period of time and I do not reload the page or do anything with it, I believe you just need to refresh your page but I could be wrong, I use FF.

Beans

its worse than that. I won't let me login. I can, however, goto other version (forget but its got a black screen and its for 'private' stuff) and login. This is not google chrome but something called chromium. It also did another slick thing. It turned my email name in the user name which REALLY screwed up passwords, etc. I have now given up on it as its gotta a lot of stuff but also a lotta problems for me. (good ideas and bad ideas - I will revisit in a couple of months as I took a look at their bugs and they have some as well as other problems as well).

I just did a quick search and found:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/VPN/comment..._will/comog21/

I think the above was meant for another topic. I have decided to abandon chromium and wait a couple of months before I try again. I will mark this as solved

I will work on it tomorrow.
    Last edited by jgw; May 30th, 2018 at 06:09 PM.
    Memory: 16gb
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU
    Graphics: NVC1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I guess it could be a rules issue, when I was using my vpn I never had trouble logging but I was using FF, if you will post a screenshot of the error message so we will have the exact message then someone will probably be able to help.