Thread: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Server - mail.mailutils issue sending text in body and attachment

Beans

Question Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Server - mail.mailutils issue sending text in body and attachment

Hello all,
    I have some issues on a newly installed Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Server with the mail (mailutils 3.4) program. If I use option '-A' for an attachment it won't send the mail with text in the body. My command looks like
    Code:
    echo "blablabla" | mail -A /path/to/attachment -s "blablabla" -a "From: email.address" -r "email.address" recipient.email.address
    Checked also
    Code:
     mail -A /path/to/attachment -s "blablabla" -a "From: email.address" -r "email.address" recipient.email.address < /path/to/txtfile
    Strange behavior, since it works on my old Ubuntu 17.04 (mailutils 3.1). Has something changed?
    Last edited by outofmemory; May 29th, 2018 at 08:52 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Server - mail.mailutils issue sending text in body and attachmen

Thread moved to Server Platforms for a better fit

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Server - mail.mailutils issue sending text in body and attachmen

After some further tests with the options '--alternate' and '--content-type=' I have given up. Switched over to s-nail, that solved my problem (for now).

Beans

I have same issue.
    No issue on mailutils ver 3.1.1 but 3.4 & 3.6 have same issue.