Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toshiba Satellite M645: No Sound from Headphone Jack and Low Laptop Speaker Sound

Beans

Toshiba Satellite M645: No Sound from Headphone Jack and Low Laptop Speaker Sound

Any help would be appreciated.

Fresh Mint install on a laptop. I had not used it before it was given to me.

There is no sound from the headphone jack and the laptop speakers do not mute when headphones are plugged in. The sound on the laptop speakers have a low volume.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Toshiba Satellite M645: No Sound from Headphone Jack and Low Laptop Speaker Sound

Thread moved to MINT for a more appropriate fit.

Beans

Re: Toshiba Satellite M645: No Sound from Headphone Jack and Low Laptop Speaker Sound

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    Thread moved to MINT for a more appropriate fit.
    Thanks. I realized that I posted in the wrong place about the same time I noticed the thread was moved.

Beans

@wildmanne39 I just realized what happened. Threads here get no views. Help a brother out. Please don't leave me in a dark corner with no sound.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

You get more views than you think here!
    As a start go here first: https://itsfoss.com/fix-sound-ubuntu-1304-quick-tip/
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hello, first most of the users here that help answer questions use the activity page to watch for new threads so it does not make that much difference what sub-forum your thread is in, see the link for the activity page.

https://ubuntuforums.org/activity.php

Second we are all volunteers from all over the world so the person that can help you may not be online right now, it is important to bump your thread once every twelve hours if you do not receive a reply within that time frame but only once every twelve hours.

Third since you are using Mint your thread is in the correct sub-forum and will stay here, if we make exceptions to this rule with as many members we have it would be chaos.

Fourth the view count is broken on the forum so it is not accurate, as of beginning this post to you there were six views that I can see as a moderator.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

cc0713? Did you try my last suggestion on forums.linuxmint.com?
    Code:
    alsamixer
    In terminal might show the volumes at 100%....could you try the Live ISO and see if headphones work correctly, maybe create and switch to a new user on the laptop?

For posters other than sn95, I have a M645 Toshiba that has good sound in Linux Mint, even the headphones work, about the only difference in equipment are different HDD/wifi

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy31 View Post
    cc0713? Did you try my last suggestion on forums.linuxmint.com?
    Code:
    alsamixer
    In terminal might show the volumes at 100%....could you try the Live ISO and see if headphones work correctly, maybe create and switch to a new user on the laptop?

For posters other than sn95, I have a M645 Toshiba that has good sound in Linux Mint, even the headphones work, about the only difference in equipment are different HDD/wifi
    I just did. It looks like the headphones volume is turned to 0. ?

Simple mixer control 'Master',0 Capabilities: pvolume pvolume-joined pswitch pswitch-joined
    Playback channels: Mono
    Limits: Playback 0 - 87
    Mono: Playback 87 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
    Simple mixer control 'Headphone',0
    Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
    Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
    Mono:
    Front Left: Playback 0 [0%] [-65.25dB] [off]
    Front Right: Playback 0 [0%] [-65.25dB] [off]
    Simple mixer control 'Speaker',0
    Mono:
    Front Left: Playback 87 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
    Front Right: Playback 87 [100%] [0.00dB] [on]
    Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
    Capabilities: pvolume
    Limits: Playback 0 - 255
    Mono:
    Front Left: Playback 255 [100%] [0.00dB]
    Front Right: Playback 255 [100%] [0.00dB]
    Simple mixer control 'Mic',0
    Limits: Playback 0 - 31
    Mono:
    Front Left: Playback 0 [0%] [-34.50dB] [off]
    Front Right: Playback 0 [0%] [-34.50dB] [off]
    Simple mixer control 'Mic Boost',0
    Capabilities: volume
    Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
    Limits: 0 - 3
    Front Left: 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
    Front Right: 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
    Simple mixer control 'IEC958',0
    Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
    Playback channels: Mono
    Mono: Playback [off]
    Simple mixer control 'Beep',0
    Limits: Playback 0 - 31
    Mono:
    Front Left: Playback 0 [0%] [-34.50dB] [off]
    Front Right: Playback 0 [0%] [-34.50dB] [off]
    Simple mixer control 'Capture',0
    Capabilities: cvolume cswitch
    Limits: Capture 0 - 31
    Front Left: Capture 19 [61%] [12.00dB] [on]
    Front Right: Capture 19 [61%] [12.00dB] [on]
    Simple mixer control 'Auto-Mute Mode',0
    Capabilities: enum
    Items: 'Disabled' 'Enabled'
    Item0: 'Enabled'
    Simple mixer control 'Internal Mic Boost',0
    Capabilities: volume
    Limits: 0 - 3
    Front Left: 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
    Front Right: 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
    Simple mixer control 'Loopback Mixing',0
    Capabilities: enum
    Items: 'Disabled' 'Enabled'
    Item0: 'Disabled'

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 1fallen View Post
    You get more views than you think here!
    As a start go here first: https://itsfoss.com/fix-sound-ubuntu-1304-quick-tip/
    Thanks. Tried all 3 but none worked.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    Hello, first most of the users here that help answer questions use the activity page to watch for new threads so it does not make that much difference what sub-forum your thread is in, see the link for the activity page.

https://ubuntuforums.org/activity.php

Second we are all volunteers from all over the world so the person that can help you may not be online right now, it is important to bump your thread once every twelve hours if you do not receive a reply within that time frame but only once every twelve hours.

Third since you are using Mint your thread is in the correct sub-forum and will stay here, if we make exceptions to this rule with as many members we have it would be chaos.

Fourth the view count is broken on the forum so it is not accurate, as of beginning this post to you there were six views that I can see as a moderator.
    I did not realize the view count was not working. That is what caught my attention. My response was supposed to be taken partly as humor. Please don't take it as complaining or demanding.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast