I love Gwenview as a lightweight image browser where I can sort the thumbs by Date and see various image properties below each image (name, date and file size). I also love the super easy filtering and other features.

The images I'm usually browsing aren't large (less than 600 px in width), and I'd love to be able to view them in full size when in Browse mode. Unfortunately the Zoom in is limited, if I increase it all the way, it's still not enough to view images full size. Is there a way to further increase the Zoom or to set the thumbs to show originals?

The reduced image quality of thumbs really hurts my eyes. The images in question aren't photos, they're small in both image and file size, and it doesn't make sense to restrict their display.

I'd be happy if it would be possible to adjust the View Thumbnail Bar to display image information and allow them to show original size (thumbs strip seems to be limited in size).

Or recommend some other Viewer that would allow me to list images in original size or significantly larger with info displayed below the image.

So far it seems that the Nautilus in Icon display and zoomed in all the way comes the closest in terms of layout. But the size is still too small for my eyes, sometimes I need to work on them all day and viewing sharp original sizes makes it much easier.

That's why I'm currently using Gwenview in View mode to see the original with Thumbnail Bar to view all files and Meta information in Sidebar to see the information.

If only these 3 modes would merge into one Maybe a special plugin could be created for that type of view?