Thread: Account recovery

Beans

Account recovery

Good day,

I would like to recover my old account elwillow (https://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=64694) instead of this elwillow3 (I'm assuming I also probably own elwillow2).

I have already reverted my UbuntuOne account to the email I used back then (@gmail.com).

Thank you

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Account recovery

Please PM me with the email address associated with the elwillow account. Please do NOT post it here.

This is to establish that you are, in fact, the owner of the elwillow account.

Thanks!
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

It looks like we disabled elwillow2 back in March 2016.
    But you logged in today as elwillow3 with the same email as the disabled ewillow2 account.

If you changed to use the correct email in SSO, I would think you should just be able to log in as elwillow.

Otherwise an Admin may have to help you.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

I tried that, thinking it would re-associate with my original account, no luck.
    I've changed email once (to a more "business" looking one), that's the elwillow2/3 accounts.

I have been away for a long time but recently work development are pushing me back to Ubuntu, mind as well get my account back .

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Please attempt to log in with your CURRENT Ubuntu One credentials and see if you get to elwillow.

PM with with the results.

You will not be able to post in this thread if you are logged in as elwillow.

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Try logging in to Ubuntu One with the original credential email for elwillow.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Concluded via PM.