Thread: It seems that there is always something not working

Beans

Angry It seems that there is always something not working

I set up a new 18.04 server and tried to install Openstack with Nova-LXD using conjure-up.

So when I go through the options and I am presented with the nodes, I tab to the nova compute node and I hit enter on the "[Configure]" field to attempt to customize the install. I get to the configuration screen and tab to the instances field so that I can set the value to "2" but every field is uneditable. They only say "[Reset to default]". Same if I go to the "Show advances configuration" screen. I cannot enter anything into any option field.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or did some one roll out another loaf of half-baked bread? The frustration of getting this things built and running correctly and the inability to find anything meaningful on the web for anything more than the mere basic admin tasks is getting to me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: It seems that there is always something not working

Thread moved to Ubuntu Cloud and Juju for a more appropriate fit.

Beans

So I am guessing someone saw my post and edited the master spell or what ever it is called. after trying to run the spell multiple times all day, I make my post and in 60 minutes it now works. The spell must be pulled down for a repo some where and ran locally.

I don't know how conjure-up works but it seems to act as if it is a remote script that is called.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

No one saw your post and edited the master spell, so hopefully it will keep working, if it does not please post back for help.