Thread: Suspend settings

Beans

Suspend settings

Hey, why does the sys go into suspend so fast? Is there a setting that can alter and what is it called?
    I have set my screensaver to the time I want. It never gets there.
    How do I stop the sys from suspending? It is so annoying!
    If I want my computer on I have it on. If I want it off I log out and off it is.
    And yes, I also have to enter my password twice. Everything about this lacks sense or flow.

Thanks. I hope this is not hijacking your post. I am happy to put it in the newbie section. It coincides with the suspend topic.

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Suspend settings

Quote Originally Posted by musiclover-mm View Post
    Hey, why does the sys go into suspend so fast? Is there a setting that can alter and what is it called?
    I have set my screensaver to the time I want. It never gets there.
    How do I stop the sys from suspending? It is so annoying!
    If I want my computer on I have it on. If I want it off I log out and off it is.
    And yes, I also have to enter my password twice. Everything about this lacks sense or flow.

Thanks. I hope this is not hijacking your post. I am happy to put it in the newbie section. It coincides with the suspend topic.
    musiclover-mm, you should have started a new thread to ask your question.

I'm running Ubuntu 18.04. My system never suspends unless I ask it to. But what are you using? You didn't say.

For recent versions of Ubuntu you need to look at Settings | Power | Suspend & Power Button where there is a setting for "Automatic suspend" which can be changed to suit your needs. If you're using anything else then you will need to give us a little more information about the version and flavour of Ubuntu that you have installed.

[I'll ask a member of the forum staff to move your post and my reply to a new thread]
    Last edited by papibe; May 21st, 2018 at 06:02 PM. Reason: tittle changed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Suspend settings

Move to its own thread.