Thread: Change join date?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Change join date?

Hello!

I originally joined Ubuntu Forums back in 2008. However, I discovered that I didn't have the time to 'get to grips with it' then and left it until recently.

It's no big deal but when I make a post (usually something a noobie would make) it seems rather incongruous that someone who, it would appear has been using Ubuntu for 10 years, is asking such basic questions. Whereas in reality I am a noob - I only re-started exploring Ubuntu a couple of months ago.

Is there any way of changing this? I did start to re-register but the system reported the email address was already in use.

Tim

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Change join date?

Would it not also be incongruous to have posts prior to your join date?

Imagine the havoc wreaked on the database.

I wouldn't worry about it. Most people won't notice. There are also plenty of us who ask incongrouosly noobish questions.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Change join date?

Quote Originally Posted by tjsilver View Post
    I did start to re-register
    Please don't do that because 1) It violates the Code of Conduct: "Multiple Accounts: Users may only have one active account. If you feel you have justification for requiring a new account, please contact an administrator to discuss your situation. Users who have multiple accounts without approval of an administrator may be penalized or banned;" and 2) It creates unnecessary work for our volunteer staff.

Thanks.