Thread: Finding a Ubunti compatible video editor that I can understand any ideas?

Beans

Finding a Ubunti compatible video editor that I can understand any ideas?

I had one on windows, but they kept updating it and I didn't want to pay their fees for features I ddn't need.. but its biggest sin was it did not run on Linux ! *LOL*

Now the one that it recommended on Ubuntu seemed to be less that I wanted, but I stumbled into may be just right !

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Kdenlive/FAQ

because there is a Book on wikibooks...

Now I'm a bit dim on video editing so I wondered if anybody else had stumbled into it so we could discuss how to get started with it ?

Any thoughts would be very welcome !

: )))

Tim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Finding a Ubunti compatible video editor that I can understand any ideas?

Moved to Ubuntu, Linux and OS Chat

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Finding a Ubunti compatible video editor that I can understand any ideas?

Aside from Kdenlive there are also a feew others to keep an eye out for: Openshot and Shutcut as well as Blender which might be over the top for home use.

It really depends what you want to do. there are plenty of "how to" videos on you tube. you can also search and read how to pages. they work in a similar way and often the features are named similarly. they all divide video into frames where you can then add effects (filters), cut the parts and glue them together or overlap them on the time line. far from making a professional video but it took me about an hour and a bit of trial and error to cut the cruft and then stitch together multiple drone videos and 4 videos (scenes) from my wife's cooking guide. it was a test and i think i could do it a lot better with a bit more time (and peace). I also found out that lighting and camera position is really important. even more than all the editing later on.

edit: i used a Shotcut on windows, but i also used Kdenlive once before on Kubuntu.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla