Thread: Change desktop click & drag selection area color

Beans

Change desktop click & drag selection area color

I'm building a custom Lubuntu enviroment and I've been trying to change the color of the selection area in desktop:
    selectcolor.jpg

I have looked in a lot of directories, al ready tried using dconf to edit the gtk color scheme in /org/destkop/gnome/interface (I might wrote that wrong, but the point is I already tried dconf)

If anyone knows where are the config files, a guide or anykind of directions, I will truly apreciate it.

Beans

Re: Change desktop click & drag selection area color

the click drag is transparent, so the color you see depends on the background/wallpaper. is it different in lubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I can't find for definite whether LXDE is using GTK2 or GTK3. GTK2 is a lot easier to edit (or at least I've started to understand it in the last week) and I would expect it to be from one of these three in the main Engine and I would probably change and test them in this order if I was trying to change it myself. Obviously it will also change selections in all other GTK2 programs.

base[SELECTED]

fg[SELECTED]

bg[SELECTED]

If it uses GTK3 that is currently beyond what I've played with and the only theme I've look at uses a script to regenerate the related from from .scss file containing colours etc. Still have to research that further myself....
    Last edited by kazakore; May 16th, 2018 at 10:41 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kerry_s View Post
    the click drag is transparent, so the color you see depends on the background/wallpaper. is it different in lubuntu?
    AFAIK, they might but not that much. My issue is that I haven't found any config file that actually changes the color.

Beans

I will give it a try in a few hours and come back with results.

Beans

Ok, I manage to change everything but the very thing I'm trying to. Sorry for replying until today; besides messing up my sleep patterns, it's been a really busy week.