Thread: Can't activate old account

Beans

Can't activate old account

Hello can someone help me get my old account back and merge the two?

Thank you

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Can't activate old account

My crystal ball failed to boot up this morning so I won't be able to identify the name of your old account without your help.

Linky: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2164369
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Hehe I know I wasn't sure if to post it until asked 😂 Jinx13 is the preferred account

Thank you for your reply

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Whichever way we do this, you'll need to know the email address you used to register the Jinx13 account in 2011. That's a security measure to make sure you are the owner of that account.

If it's still active, the best way is to set that address as your preferred email in your Ubuntu One SSO account at https://login.ubuntu.com/ and then post back here to confirm you've been able to do that. Then I'll disassociate this forum account from Ubuntu One and you should be able to log into your old forum account.

If you can't do that for whatever reason, post back and we'll find another way.

We won't be able to merge the two accounts. In theory the vbulletin forum software allows that, but our previous experience shows that it inevitably leads to a vale of tears, so we don't even try now!
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Can I like give you 5 possible email addresses that I have access to and you can say that's the one or can you email me to the email address that's registered?

Thanks again

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Sure, but we'll do it a different way since you won't want to post this publicly. PM me with the 5 possible email addresses. If one matches what is registered to the Jinx13 account I can then take a shortcut to get you into that forum account.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Concluded by means of pm.