Thread: Integrated Glade vs stand alone Glade

Beans

Integrated Glade vs stand alone Glade

Should I install an IDE which has integrated Glade like Gnome Builder or Anjuta ... Or should I just install Glade, export the XML file, and use a nice C/C++ or Python IDE ?

what is your experience with this ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Integrated Glade vs stand alone Glade

Hello,

I'm new to this endeavor so more experienced users will provide more insight to your question. My perspective is pretty new.
    I wanted to create an ubuntu application. I was able to find out that in the old times quickly and glade were enough for this to happen. Now quickly is not maintained so alternative paths should be chosen.

Glade and python seem ok at least for basic things that I have tried thus far.
    Glade and builder can be combined with each other. I was not able to find in builder such a gui as glade. Taking into consideration that in builder you can choose both language and license among other things seems to me that it helps if you want to have many different options creating your application. Taking information from synaptic package manager about anjuta it seems that it does not provide as many options as builder.

All in all if someone is code directed then builder seems a descent solution. I was not able to find such an integration as that of glade and quickly taking place in the old times.

Regards!