Thread: Wireless connected but no internet

Beans

Wireless connected but no internet

So I can see all the networks around me and it shows I'm connected to mine (which is a hotspot) but I have no internet still .Pages won't load and I can't ping anything besides 8.8.8.8. I'll also add that I'm using kali right now. I had ubuntu 16 before this and it worked fine but I installed kali about a week ago. I used my buddys hotspot when I first installed and it worked fine. Ever since I disconnected from his I haven't had any luck. I'm posting here since its more active and kali is debian based so. Any help would be much appreciated. I'll try and post terminal out puts the best I can seeing how I'm using my phone to post this. But I'm at a loss on what to do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Wireless connected but no internet

Hi, if you don't know how to solve this you really shouldn't run Kali. Kali is a distro with tools for penetration testing, which requires a lot of knowledge about networking and IT security.

What is the content of your resolv.conf?
    Code:
    cat /etc/resolv.conf
    It is has no line starting with nameserver (or if there is one) try add/set it to:

Code:
    echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" | sudo tee /etc/resolv.conf
    This is only to test if that was the issue, the change is temporarily, if you restart your network-manager it will be reset.
    This is my signature

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Wireless connected but no internet

Thread moved to Ubuntu/Debian BASED.