Thread: forum problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

forum problem

when i registered here, i used an email address at me.com, and then i switched to another email address at protonmail.com. the problem is that when i try to log on, the forum WILL NOT accept the protonmail address, i HAVE TO use the me.com address. but then why do i get notification emails to my protonmail account instead of my me.com account? it's all FUBAR. whats going on?
    I TNO, therefore I am.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: forum problem

Moved to Forum Feedback & Help.

Please read https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2164369, and post in the Resolution Center when you're ready.

Beans
    Hidden!

Which email address do you wish to change, the one you use to login to the forum, or the one where forum notifications are sent?
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

You can change your preferred email address in SSO. This isn't a Forum issue. You sign in to all Canonical-owned services and websites through SSO. There isn't an "Ubuntu Forums login." We don't control Ubuntu One SSO. We're stuck with it just like you are.

See this.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by lisati View Post
    Which email address do you wish to change, the one you use to login to the forum, or the one where forum notifications are sent?
    i have already changed the notification email address (protonmail.com), and i thought that would be it, but apparently not. my login address is still at me.com. so how do i change it?
    I TNO, therefore I am.

Beans
    Hidden!

While logged into the forum, go here: https://login.ubuntu.com/

There's a link further down that page, manage email addresses which should let you manage the address(es) you can use to log into the forum.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by lisati View Post
    While logged into the forum, go here: https://login.ubuntu.com/

There's a link further down that page, manage email addresses which should let you manage the address(es) you can use to log into the forum.
    i did that, and at some point it sends me an email with a verification link in it. the problem is that only the first part (https://login.ubuntu.com) is a link but the rest of that URL is just plain text. not clickable. clicking the link brings me to the login page which doesn't do me any good, and copying and pasting the whole thing into a browser won't do me any good either because all i get is a blank page and my new email address does not get verified. so what is going on here?
    I TNO, therefore I am.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

You need to do what QIII and oldos2er ask you to do in there posts, this is an SSO issue, you need to create a thread in the Resolution Centre so one of us can help you if you still need it after you change your preferred email at SSO to the email you want to use on the forum and they will need to match for the first login after changing your preferred email at SSO.