Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to run a script after login (new version of startup applications will not)

Beans

Re: How to run a script after login (new version of startup applications will not)

I run the XFCE desktop environment on Ubuntu. XFCE is the default DE for Xubuntu, but I prefer Ubuntu. I also had a lot of issues upgrading to 18.04, and came here looking for how to install a script to run on startup. After reading this, I poked around and discovered that XFCE makes it real easy. I select Menu, Settings Manager, Sessions and Startup, Application Autostart tab. I select the Add button at the bottom. This calls up a dialog box. I input a name, description, and click on the folder icon to navigate to the script to select it. Select OK, and I'm done.

Re: How to run a script after login (new version of startup applications will not)

I have Ubuntu Server 18.04 and only the command line through SSH. Also no ~/.config/autostart directory.

Can I simply create the autostart directory and put my little login script in there? Do I still need a .desktop file?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12