Thread: Wake from suspend causes usb and display problems

Beans

Wake from suspend causes usb and display problems

Since doing a Suspend ...regardless of resting by doing a Suspend or hard power off (power button for 10 secs), I have the following issues **:

• USB bus intermittently works for mouse and often the mouse doesn't work
    • USB keyboard will stop working for a time - sometimes I need to restart the computer
    • Computer locks up - can't use keyboard to get to terminal
    • Right hand monitor will dim screen for a fraction of a second - while mouse is non responsive - the right edge of the left monitor also seems to dim when the right monitor is blanking out its display.

Equipment:

• i7 on a h170 motherboard, 16 Gig RAM.
    • Dual boot Win 10/Ubuntu 18.04 (each on its own SSD)
    • NVidia GTX 1060 Video card running latest proprietary driver and CUDA framework to enable OpenCL for Darktable/GIMP etc
    • Two 2K displays
    • USB wired Keyboard
    • USB running a wireless (unity) Logitec mouse

Everything was running fine for a day or so (probably 20+ hours since installation) then I ..

1. Allowed the computer to go into its sleep mode after 20 mins or so - I think this is 'Suspend'
    2. Woke up the computer with keyboard - I think I hit the space bar
    3. I immediately clicked in the corner - I was going to shut down/power-off the computer but I could only select the Suspend button (looks like a pause button - parallel lines)

Since then regardless of Suspend or hard power off (power button for 10 secs), I have the issues noted above **

I have no idea where to start - I have searched for 'USB after suspend' 'screen flickering' etc, etc but only find old answers 12.04, 15.xx etc and a couple of mentions of 17.xx but I don't have the expertise to fault find. Do I need to reload the whole system again?

All advice gratefully received.
    Last edited by alextdel; May 8th, 2018 at 01:44 AM.