Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCISS kernel mod missing from US18.04LTS rendering server unbootable after upgrade

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: CCISS kernel mod missing from US18.04LTS rendering server unbootable after upgrad

Well, you still have support/patches for Ubuntu Server 16.04 until 2021 so I'd recommend staying on that until 18.04 works...and open a case with them to get functional support added back in.

LHammonds

Beans

Re: CCISS kernel mod missing from US18.04LTS rendering server unbootable after upgrad

Quote Originally Posted by LHammonds View Post
    Well, you still have support/patches for Ubuntu Server 16.04 until 2021 so I'd recommend staying on that until 18.04 works...and open a case with them to get functional support added back in.

LHammonds
    Another way (and the one I'm taking) is staying on 16.04 until I get a new machine as a backup server. That should happen a lot sooner than CCISS being incorporated into 4.15+ or HPSA properly supporting CCISS

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by DerPC View Post
    Another way (and the one I'm taking) is staying on 16.04 until I get a new machine as a backup server. That should happen a lot sooner than CCISS being incorporated into 4.15+ or HPSA properly supporting CCISS
    That is a solid plan as well.

Beans

That is a solid plan as well.
    I hope kernel team solve it soon, same situation here

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by roby-programmer View Post
    I hope kernel team solve it soon, same situation here
    They cannot solve it if it isn't reported. Not sure if they browse these forums.

Beans

They cannot solve it if it isn't reported. Not sure if they browse these forums.
    It was reported :

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/1765105

my report on kernel.org:
    https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=199703

as I have written

Anyway I am using Ubuntu server 18.04 LTS with Kernel 4.13.16...

Sorry for my bad English

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12