Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: no WiFi networks on Ubuntu Macbook (Broadcom)

Beans

Re: no WiFi networks on Ubuntu Macbook (Broadcom)

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    We removed the wl driver which did not work for your device and activated the b43 driver by installing the firmware it needed and when we did both of those things it also allowed your broadcom wired device to activate.

Enjoy!
    Thank you [= I went through your profile just now - you're helping everyone! Who knows, maybe we'll talk again - I'm about to ask for help in a different subforum here... (trying to install a different desktop environment has kind of screwed some things around here)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Thank you so much for this -- just wanted to say that this advice worked for me, too, with slightly different specs:
    MacBook Pro Late 2012
    Ubuntu 18.04 with Linux kernel 4.15.0-29-generic
    sudo lshw -C network says my Broadcom is BCM4331

I had already tried a bunch of things, including reinstalling bcmwl-kernel-source, but what got it to work was following the first part of wildmanne39's advice and rebooting. I didn't have to follow the second part with purging broadcom-sta-dkms. When I rebooted my wifi options were showing!! Thank you!!

Beans

TYVM! I did the wireless script in your signature then the codes as you said... works perfectly!

Running Ubuntu 19.04 on a Macbook Pro mid 2010

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123